Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Intro-John B.



Intro-John Brandenburg

I'm a somewhat experienced, but always learning, photographer. I typically take an organized photography trip somewhere every year; the last was the Canadian Rockies in September 2017. I've done several trips with Don Mammoser, who really knows well the areas he takes his customers to.  A real benefit of traveling with him is that his groups tend to be small; the Canadian Rockies trip had only 4 participants! His website is https://www.donmammoserphoto.com if you would like to explore his trip options.

Why did this course appeal to me?
I do better with a trip leader and a group, since I'm basically lazy and haven't enough ambition to get outside in the cold weather on my own. And although I've lived in this area most of my life, I know there must be places I don't know about and haven't visited. So I look forward to traveling with Barbara and the group!

What do I want to focus on?
I would like to focus on composition and capturing accurate and intentional depth of field. Also, I find the winter landscape can be dull, with little color; so trying to find scenes where the elements of the scene articulate well and draw the eye is a challenge that I hope to rise to!

I've shown below a few varied images from trips over the past several years.

Alaska Mist. 2016
Nikon D600/Tokina 16-24 mm lens @ ISO 640 21 mm 1/400 second @ f/13 hand held

Olympic Peninsula-Found on the Beach. 2009
Nikon D200/Nikkor 80-200 lens @ 80mm 0.4 seconds @ f/16 on tripod

Tuscany Countryside-Scene where The Gladiator was shot. 2016 
Nikon D600/Tamron 28-300 ISO 200 @250mm 1/250 sec @ f8, on tripod

Benin-Felani Girl and Onlookers. 2011
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 ISO 100 13.7mm 1/160 sec @ f4.2 hand held


No comments:

Post a Comment